Saturday 18 May 2013

Exposure means growth

And I don't mean of the bad melanoma variety.

Had a very interesting day. Did something that I typically would never want to engage in and met with and talked to people from all sorts of places today. Being an introvert, it was hard to get myself psyched up to meet people I didn't know and to try to strike up a meaningful or at least pleasant, without trying too hard, conversation with them. I think I was pretty successful, by my account. Was tired by the end of it all but it was a good experience.

Which brings me to this post. Having met new people and discussing ideas and attitudes, I came home not feeling particularly inspired to draw but I had an itch to.

Been stuck at getting what I really want onto paper from my head. Took me a couple of tries but the creative juices started to flow and I got a couple of designs hashed out and ready to be touched up before printing. I find that my creativity comes in spurts, the only analogy I can think of though very unpleasant is diarrhea. It's a surprise when it hits and it comes in a huge amount when it does. I think I just made everyone reading this throw up a little in their mouth. So much for trying to be pleasant to read.

Excited to say that I have a couple of new cards in the works and I can't wait to see them finalized. I'm especially excited about one in particular because it was the animal on one of my favourite O'Reilly books. I'm a bit unimpressed with my current colour combination so I'm going to try and mess around with it and see where it takes me. Thank god for scanners and printers.

No comments:

Post a Comment