Sunday 13 January 2013

1st batch of new cards for 2013

Had a whole bunch of ideas for cards but couldn't find the right execution for a lot of them so instead of rushing to print stuff that I'm not that crazy about, I decided to sit on it and let those ideas stew for awhile more.

I did go ahead with 4 designs that I quite like and funnily enough, my favourite turned out to be a card I wasn't too sure about. While most cards have printed out to what I had intended them to look like, some cards don't and it frustrates me a little. I realize that what I see on the computer screen won't always print out onto my cards but I wonder if there is a way I can minimize this difference. One card had tints of red show up where on my screen it looked white. I don't know if it's my screen or if it's the conversion from jpg to adobe illustrator/photoshop file format that causes the red tinge to be more obvious.

Brought the gf along to help me with picking the cardstock since she has a much better eye at these things and she made a great choice for one of the designs. That turned out to be my favourite print of the bunch. It makes such a big difference what cardstock you choose for your design. I wish we had more choices to choose from but we were short on time so we couldn't fuss around too long.

Hoping for sunny weather tomorrow so I can snap nice photos of the cards. Can't wait to list them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment