Sunday 18 August 2013

4 new designs for August!

Am very pleased to have gotten 4 new designs out this month. I still have quite a few designs that I'm keen on and hope to get some of them out in September. I tried a different style with the kitty themed ones, so they look a little different from my usual postcards. The 'Donut Resist' postcard is also a first for me, I didn't use any pens or markers to design it but it was all done on the computer. I had a lot of fun learning new tricks on gimp and refining it. I worked on it for quite a long time, a really long time actually. It was interesting to see how different designs look without outlines. I felt like maybe it would make my designs look more polished/professional but I realize I still like drawing and scanning them. Still like the good ol' pen and paper. Though that makes me a tree killer. I try to recycle as much as possible.

Popped over to Dulcetfig to stock up and when my display corner started getting crowded with too many cards, it was a reminder of how far I've come. I still remember opening the Etsy shop with all of 6 or 8 designs. I think it was 6 and thinking it was really bare but slowly building it up. Though it's a lot more than where I started, the store still looks like it needs more cards. Wish I could add new cards every month but it's hard to juggle the time and my creative wind seems to come in spurts.

Received a really nice email from a happy customer recently. I don't think anyone can ever get tired of hearing good feedback from a happy customer, it's very satisfying and makes keeping the store open worthwhile.

Here's a snapshot of the new cards, with a reluctant cat model. Hoping to take good pics tomorrow after my camera is charged up and good to go. Can't wait to list them up on Etsy.



No comments:

Post a Comment