Sunday 4 August 2013

Cat Crazy Convention

Went down to check out purrzaar with the gf yesterday. Seeing pictures of cats from different countries with the familiar 'can't be bothered with you' look or goony look never fails to make me laugh. The type of cat I like best is described by the gf as the 'no eyes no nose' type. Basically it's like a very dirty looking calico cat where their markings make it hard to distinguish the eyes and nose on its face. I also like brindle coloured dogs so go figure. My mother said I always had a penchant for ugly-cute things. Possibly an extension of myself, hurhur.

There weren't very many vendors but there was a lot of cute stuff on display. There are so many talented people out there that whenever I make a sale, I'm glad that someone liked my product. It must feel strange sitting there, waiting for people to walk up to you. As a participant checking out vendors, I don't know whether to engage with the stall owners or to just look until I actually see something I want to buy then talk to them. Trials and tribulations of a socially inept gorilla. I suppose my unapproachable demeanour doesn't help things.

We got free samples of fancy feast for the furballs and they had a nice dinner and very rich breakfast this morning too. Those cats eat like they've been starving their whole lives, the meowing pre-feeding time is so dramatic.

Was nice to wake up to light rain this morning. Rainy mornings are the best way to start the weekend. Been spending time lounging around at home doing some reading and working on my cards. I'm trying a new style and hoping it turns out good. It also mean spending more time trying to figure out how to use GIMP in ways I'm not used to. GIMP is pretty damn awesome for a freeware, I'm still very impressed with its functionality to this day.

Looking forward to printing out my new postcards. The pastry themed ones sell pretty decently in the local store that stocks my cards but it hardly moves on Etsy. I'm pretty sure it's the tagging because who ever searches for 'cute bread cards' or 'cute pastry cards'. Can't think of any other better keywords to tag it with though.

Back to work on the cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment