Saturday 3 November 2012

Official Shop opening

This post is actually 2 days left but better late than never. Thursday was spent fiddling around with the html codes on the website and uploading and editing the contents and prices of the postcards. I expected that the pricing part would be difficult but didn't expect to bounce back and forth.

Watched a lot of videos which I found helpful but sometimes all you want is a concrete formula to just follow, which doesn't exist because hey, this is life and it's all trial and error. The underlying message was not to undervalue yourself as it's a disservice to your products and also to fellow sellers trying to sell their wares and not to overprice yourself such that you turn people off from your products. People said it's easier to lower prices than it is to raise them but having seen videos on Etsy of popular sellers, they seem to have done the opposite, which I found interesting.

I suppose the crowd sees a good thing, values it and believes that what they are paying is worth it. Then again, there are times when I see something I like and go 'wow this is damn cheap for what it's worth' so I suppose that's how the crowd saw those undervalued products at the start and were still willing to pay when prices increased because they saw it's value.

It's fun and interesting to check out the shop stats to see how my cards were found and where the traffic is coming from. So many things to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment