Thursday 8 November 2012

Scoring board

Bet you didn't know that there was a tool out there just to help you get the deep crisp crease in the middle of your greeting card so you can fold it over itself nicely. If you did, well, just amuse me.

You learn something new everyday. I'm thinking about printing greeting cards and googled around for how-to videos and stumbled upon one that showed this lady talking about a scoring board and I wondered what the heck that was.

Googled around somemore and turns out it's a tool to put the crease in your greeting card for you. No more mucking around and hoping you won't mess up your fold or else you waste a perfectly good piece of cardstock.

I'm really bad at folding stuff so it would to handy to have it if I plan to print cards from home. Which leads to another thing I've been thinking about lately: to print greeting cards from home. I don't think my printer (which I paid in the region of the low one hundred for) is up to the task. I'll give it a test run just to make sure. Someone once advised that I could consider investing in a good printer so I could have better control over the print quality/outcome of my work if I got serious about it. For now, I just want to make the most of what I have since I'm just starting out. I don't know if I'm being overly meticulous about watching my cost but I think it's good to be vigilant from the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment