Monday 19 November 2012

Straight lines are going to kill me

Scoring cards are a right pain in the ass. There must be something wrong with my eyes or my ruler or something because I couldn't score the cardstock properly for whatever reason. Kept scoring them off-center no matter how much I took all the pains to be careful to measure it down to the millimetre, it's nuts.

Finally conceded to the fact that I just wouldn't be able to get it right down the middle and proceeded to try and trim up the edges. Only to find that my cutter wasn't good and left it looking shorn instead of a clean line down. Rummaged around for another one and the new one was so much better. Great, so I had spent so much time on the old lousy one when I could have had an easier time with the new one. The old one was so blunt I had to use so much strength pressing down to make sure it cut through the cardstock. You'd think I was trying to cut through steel or something.

I also found my pair of scissors to be really blunt. What is it with me and sub-par stationery items. You'd think a pair of scissors, which are new no less, would be sharp enough to do the job but I guess you get what you pay for.

Lesson learned. Good stationery supplies are worth paying for, otherwise you'll just end up with more frustration that you need to. Back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment